There's this "The Hunt" demo which either is awfully done or simply shows the lack of peformance tuning needed for good looking PC games ...
My PC is not that incredible and the game really runs smooth without problem even on the game editor.

Not all 3D engines proposes some real game with complete HUD running, special effects, path finding, 10 or more ennemies at screen, good detailled 3D models and good level ?

And yes the engine, have already the pathfinding System editor and functions to call to manage that for you.

What i find is lacking is the terrain editor , there is no terrain editor tools, you have ot use some external tool frown
That's very bad when you have ot edit your terrain in real time to adjust for example house surrounding or ground height etc .....

So if i would go with it, it woulb be for non terrain based game. Or some game using instead some mesh as terrain made in some tool like Blender or other.

Another point that can be strong or weak is the framework.
It's great for people that are 3D artists than programmers, but it's not so easy to learn all stuff, all events you can find etc ...
But i think it's like Unity 3D you have to learn and try the basics on the editor, before making your own gameplay and game.
I have read some tutorials and i feel i need to test and make more tutorials before saying "i know the engine" !

I agree the editor is kinda special, but once you understand it, you don't loose yourself , and know when you have to manage new materials you go to material editor etc ...

The good feature is the object properties panels where you can adjust lot of stuff, and i like teh standard shader as normal map, Glow , lights working with shaders.

The performance i think can be good if you use cleaverly some LOD system and good distance to display objects etc ...
For small arcade games but candy looking it can do the job could it be RPG like FF10 style, turn based like King's BOunty , old Resident evil game style , 2.5D platform , shoot em up etc ...
And yes the buck factor is good laugh , 200$ for such complete package could attract some bunch of 3D artists, or lonewolves more 3D artist oriented.
(Somewhat disappointing that there is no terrain editor ....)

Last edited by ratchet; 06/14/12 19:08.