Thanks Rei, means a lot!

"The explosion of the rocket looks a bit small, the missing texture are not so cool."
- Yea, I agree, the explosion looks a bit small. I am working on a "billowing texture" effect which will make the explosions and smoke a lot more dynamic in the looks department. As for the textuers, well, im not an artist. I have been looking for someone who can unwrap the models I have made and texture them but as of now no luck. So I just gotta work with what I have for the time being wink

"A death animation would be cool (even if the screen only turns red, while you sink into the lava."
- Agreed, as of now I am working out ragdolls for the game. One of the animations I had in mind (for lava deaths) would be a slow sink with the players hand reaching up terminator style. I'm just trying to get ragdolls+networking to work properly. However I was going to wait until I had a proper base player model to work with (which I dont).

"Two "bolters"?"
- Yes and no. The bolter thats there as the world pickup model is the actual bolter I designed. I just used another model to test animations and such (just to get everything ready for when I get an animated version of the actual bolter).

"After you pick up a weapon, they should be removed for a few seconds, including their "light"
- Actually, they do. I just have all the weapons set to a 3 second respawn time for testing purposes, but the weapon absolutely goes away 100% of the time. Also, the "light" is coming from the weapon spawner, not the weapon itself, unless youre talking about the outer glow of the model in which case goes away with the model.

"And I wouldn't give my user so many possible things to customize in the UI - he might think you were unsure what to do there."
- Well heres the thing, I actually have 4 different UI designs which will be in the final version of the game. But one of the biggest complaints I hear are about UI design. Sure the artist takes gameplay into consideration and tries to create the best UI possible for the game, but the fact of the matter is different people like different things. I believe in giving choices, not taking them away. If a player wants his hud to look blue, to have the health display a bit bigger of the ammo display a bit smaller, or to have his font in a different style, why shouldnt they be allowed to make that choice? Think of it like a car. I wanted the player to have the ability to tune their experience just for them. Of course there will be some things they can't do, but when it comes to asthetic design I say "fuck it" so to speak. I'll put it like this, look at all the different texture packs for minecraft wink This game is being designed for PC and one of the things that makes PC gaming unique is modding. All I am doing is building this feature directly into the game laugh

Oh and for the record; Killing Floor, Natural Selection, Interstellar Marines, Hawken, Nexuiz, are just a couple successful indie FPS titles wink

Last edited by exile; 06/24/12 09:37.