Hi,

I took some time I had to create something more exprimental that I've been wanting to do for a while.

Beware: Very experimental game play!
Runs on Linux, Mac, and even Windows!

I recommend getting a friend or family member to download the game as well, and trying it out in your LAN. Or check for a friend who's currently on your IM, get them to download it and use a service like hamachi to avoid having to open ports.

Get the game from IndieDB:
Win, 32 bit:

Win, 64 bit:

Linux, Mac, Source:

Features:
  • Create your own 15*15 squares old-school-look avatars!
  • Up to 5 Players
  • Cross-Platform
  • Random story every time you play!
  • Giraffes and primates, Castles, Dungeons and Treasure, Da Vinci and Spiderman, and everything else that Wikipedia has an article for!
  • Export your story directly to .html and show everyone. Especially me. If you came up with a cool story, I'd be glad to post it!

The Wiki-Based-RPG...
... is a text-based adventure, that randomly chooses words from a wiki-article you supply it with. The server plays as the storyteller, who must use these words in his/her story. The clients are the heroes who can reply to the story by doing things, saying things and using weird stuff from their inventory.
Every time the storyteller chooses a word to continue the story with, the game loads the corresponding wiki-article in the background, and searches for 5 new links/words on that page. This way, the game takes you once across the entire game.
The storyteller can choose to use words to use in the next section of the story, or he/she can put them into the clients' inventories for them to use.

More info and an example story on the Game's IndieDB page.

Technical Stuff:
I used the truly awesome Löve2D engine. The game is open source, so if you get the Löve engine, you can compile/edit/mod the source code. The game's scripted in Lua, which is very simple to get used to.

C&C welcome.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain