The problem is, that you can talk the trash talk everyday, but if you don't do anything, you are no good.

I agree a lot with that.

And you can find alos lot lot of people sometimes interested in some 3D features, but never doing any game even some using 3DGS asking some feature without having a real project behind.

-----------

The thing is that i target Mobile game, so i use another engine, i have no choice at all. If 3DGS would have mobile it would be great to use Lite C indeed laugh

I talk about mobile, so i don't seek shiny pixel also, my style will be more simple graphics in BorderLdands game style, or some Cube World Retro style !
For the shiny side, there are already really cheap 3D engines providing complete lithening and shaders solution without having to code and with simple workflow compared to 3DGS.

I talk low price engines, i dont' talk about Proven AAA engines like Unreal that can be a good deal for some people also; and having Mobile support.

--------------

3DGS workflow is a pain when you come back after using some other real time editors ... that the one big weakness.

That's the two points i pointed out, let's see how things will become in the future ... ?
But from 2012 : NOTHING really new, only lot of 3D commands, no new tools, or better workflow for 3D artists ... we are going quickly to 2013, only some months ... an empty year for non programmers people.
Even A7 to A8 have been only new 3D Commands, some new 3D features, but nothing for 3D artists, you keep WED and MED ...

Unity have a great strenght with it's open editor for plugins , that the other weakness of 3DGS that is not oriented for plugins made by users.

But i stop caus i know it's an engine mainly for Programmers ,
so i don't have to complain here.

------------

I use Shiva 3D that is even cheaper (some 180 Euros) than Unity Mobile basic (400 Euros) and have all 3D features.
Mobile requires lot of optimisation also, i'm not sure 3DGS for mobile will as fast as other solution that exist from years now and have evolved ?
Why choosing it when some others solutions are vene lot more advanced (navigation tools, rela time editing etc ..) like with Esenthel for example ? or Shiva 3D ?

Well again, i don't say 3DGS will fall, but that trading tool even on the banner really show Conitec is on the wrong direction and mixes game making and money on the same Forum:(
(specially money trading that is only something bad from my point of view when you see all the problems today, specially with Euro)
Money is needed indeed, but well Conitec should really keep things separated, if not : they make advert and search for
young people or hope some people will buy their tool here frown
I find that a shame really, but well they have the right, it's their forums.

Really Conitec should really keep appart they money appetite and game making frown !
For my point of view, it only shows some bad image, like we need money, game making is for another time.

------------

The lack of unified shader / ligthening / Shadow solution ready to use without programming, and lacking from years until today in 3DGS just shows another Weak point.
And shaders have been brought from lot of years (A6 version when i baught it), 3DGS have just been some programmer evolution until now ... nothing really on the editors

The Vegetation editor promised on Forecast from YEARS, well ... where it is ... ??
It's coming ? perhaps ? But i'm happy i don't have waited for it, of i would have wasted years waiting for nothing !

I doubt it will evolve to 3D artist or plugin orientation, and it should continue on the programmer orientation i think.

I don't say it will sink ...
but let's see what will it becomes on the future ?

-----------

Ok it was the thread : The Future Is there One ?

I have given only my taste and point of view laugh
More 3D artist than programmer point of view indeed.

I use other solutions and i find it's a pain coming back to 3DGS and the very very very old tools/editors compared to advanced concurrent solutions.

Take it bad or not, i given my advice on 3DGS.
I like it's programming side, it's magazine, but it's not more enought to keep me using it now as others solutions are improving in the Worflow and 3D artist or Mobility side.
(I doubt 3D artists using some other engine will be able or want to use 3DGS, specially some using visual scripting plugins also.)

Lot of Betas , but for programmers only.
I baught A6, A7,A8 but i really think it will be impossible for me to be interested in A9.
It won't compete fro example with workflow and features/tools
of Unity 3D, Leadwerks 3, Esenthel etc .. etc ...
3DGS is not for 3D artists, i think it resumes very well the situation.

If you would produce more 3D art than programming like me, and if you would need simple click to apply shaders/lightening/shadows/vegetation/grass etc ... and had the priority to go fast, code only gameplay, you would think like me !

So should i sound bad, or talking trash, don't take it bad ; it's my taste only.
Conitec have their orientation, decisions, customer type target, it's their strategy !
I respect that , only that strategy don't suit 3D artists like me and lot of others.

Anyway good night to all programmers and long life to 3DGS also to make happy all of them
laugh laugh

[b][/b]