Oh, hey, an isometric action rpg!

Looks nice! I like the simple, clear look. It reminds me a bit more of the DS Pokemon-games, rather than Zelda, though, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Compared to Zelda, they are a bit less detailed, more plain and colorful, but that makes the active sprites "pop out" more. Examples 1 and 2.

Since you are creating all levels yourself here, you are a lot more flexible with the tiles and can do crazy stuff with them, and I'm happy you did that. Adding more polygons and depth and form to it is a good way to go, I think. Of course, if you overdo it, people will expect more than one kind of tree laugh

You're saying that you're aiming to keep it simple, but your feature list doesn't seem like it! grin
Let's discuss one example. The only Zelda games I know of that feature what could be called "Pets" are the Oracle Games*. They have three animals shared across two games. You want to have five! And thats just such a minor side issue!
Since it probably entails gameplay and controls different from the usual, I'd say keep that out of the picture for now, and concentrate on just a small, self-contained episode. Perhaps add a second, stronger sword, but let me tell ya, it's no fun creating dozens of weapons and making them interesting. We settled with randomly generated (and then adjusted) equipment for Dungeon Deities, and I guess that was the right decision for the kind of game that Dungeon Deities is. I don't think so for your game, though - yours is a single story, whereas DD is designed for repeated play in short bursts with new stuff to discover (mostly by many random and different things interacting). This leads to a less controlled experience, which does not fit your overall structure IMHO.
All that being said, of course you can keep these features in mind. I'm just saying, don't start with them. laugh

Try creating the typical Zelda-thing up until the first dungeon. It should give you a good idea what you need, both code- and artwise. laugh

Also, I love how you consistently call your enemies "bad ass". That's amazing. grin

* - Please do not discuss any of these issues:
a) whether or not talking boats constitute as "pet" (they don't)
b) what the heck midna actually was supposed to be (whatever it is, it wasn't a pet)
c) that gigantic bird in skyward sword (it gets lost in the first stupid minute, what kinda pet is that)

(Btw, I could have sworn that you were asking about certain details on how DungeonDeities handles things - but I can't find it anymore. Have I dreamed that, or have you edited those out? laugh In any case, if you want to know something, just ask and I'll try to reply)

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!