Thanks laugh

. It reminds me a bit more of the DS Pokemon-games, rather than Zelda
That's what i thought after making some beginning of level with rounded trees. And it wasn't what i wanted , even if good for a retro game.
The trees are placed in some squarre pattern, and they should put in some cross patterns instead to avoid seeing too much alignment !

Perhaps i'll make the trees as separate models i'll put in WED ?

So next step will be somewhat some more rounded , and colors like that :

One game that inspires me actually is one that have the NES retro look :

( More informations on this game here : Soldier of game )

I could go for characters and monster sprites also to go even more faster on creation ?
It would be a lot more retro direction laugh

----------------

I'd say keep that out of the picture for now, and concentrate on just a small, self-contained episode. Perhaps add a second, stronger sword, but let me tell ya, it's no fun creating dozens of weapons and making them interesting

I think you are rigtht about weapons, perhaps i sould stay away from RPG and go Full Zelda. With only gems to customize weapon powers (fire , ice ...) , gems you find, or gain finishing side quests ?

whereas DD is designed for repeated play in short bursts with new stuff to discover

I like that idea, and i think i'll try a way that will give replayability also one the game is finished.
It could be some new levels/quests/equipments,characters etc ... only one finished some of Three stroy endings for example.
In each slot save , it would be some stars and other stats showing how much you completed the game.
At 100% completition, special rewards and levels ?

---------------

One point i will keep, will be mini games in the game, but later once completed the main game enought !
(catapult to use in some level, ski race on another ... flying plane in some section or on rail action throught the sky or underwater ? etc ... )

--------------
I love how you consistently call your enemies "bad ass"
That's more fun talking than saying the boring word "ennemies" each time laugh

So yes i'll have to use better cartoon style , perhaps choose a more retro look or more varied and rounded models ...
And make a simple first area first!

Last edited by ratchet; 11/13/12 22:38.