yes it's better for small groups where there are 3d artists and programmers too. imo it suits artist's requirements by easy importing from a lot of modelling softwares, easy setting of custom physical shapes of objects etc.

you need to go through some C++ tutorials before you can really understand it, so did I. and also needs patience to go through all the tutorials, and check always the header browser to understand all lines of the tutorials, because there are no step by step tutorials, only some videos but they are mainly editor related ones. for me it was a good inspiration to start with C++ tutorials. its scripting style is somewhere between C++ and C# solutions, so much easier than C++.

3DGS is much easier to understand and easy to script simple games, but e.g. in my case, making an RTS game system it has some limitations, which can be handled by Lite-C (I nearly solved all my AI problems), but much easier in an object oriented environment. and the rendering system is more up-to-date than 3DGS.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor