Originally Posted By: 3run
Originally Posted By: JustSid
(but I would assume that at least some of them get backported)
I think if that guy over there won't be interested in 3DGS future, we won't get anything backported or even developed farther..

I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't have invested into a new WED and an Android port if they didn't see a future for Gamestudio. And it's not like there was a sudden change in the industry that killed Gamestudio in an unforeseen manner. Having to maintain two compilers isn't really a great thing, especially if you can't push your changes upstream, so I'm fairly certain that these two compilers get merged at some point.

Originally Posted By: 3run
Anyway it really make me sick (and not only me I assume) to see how that bullshit project attracts more attention than main project which is GameStudio

I did not know that it was your role to determine which project should have which priority inside of Conitec.

You should understand that Zorro is a new product at an early stage, giving bad support when there is virtually no community around it will essentially starve the product and peoples interest in it (you can't just throw things at people and expect them to just figure it out on their own). Think of it however you like, but for some time this "bullshit" project will get most of the attention from Conitec. Gamestudio can carry itself for quite a bit through the well established community, something that won't work for Zorro.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com