imo there are only a few serious developer using 3dgs. the only pro game I've seen is Süpercan and the currently issued Süpercan2, made by a Turkish developer studio consisting of 2 brothers as I know. 2 other titles worthy to check at showcase are Battle for Forgol, and Guise of the Wolf.
and there are some other games finished recently, but I don't know the titles: a cool looking fishing game, a nice camping manager, and a city builder (the latter looks really cool). and there are some casual games too like Carboom.

imo if someone or a group get enough experience with 3dgs in 3d art creation and programming, they usually switch to another engine like Unity or UDK, before making their first finished game. I'm also testing/learning other engines periodically, because sometimes I'm totally fed up with 3dgs, but other times I think at this development stage, and because it is only a hobby for me, A8 is okay now. later I can port my codes to e.g. to C++ to use my AI in Esenthel, where űi can get much better graphic appearance more easily.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor