NOTICE:
Everything i want to say at the moment is that principal reason that i come up with about all this, isthat the human being, always tryes to find solutions for their problems. Its what makes us alive in some way.

In this case, i wanted to test the augmented thing, i cracked the program to make the augment work, that was my goal, dont know if the engine has faults or not, the logo was gone, and many pro function works.
I know the crack probably does interfer in some functions, but i dont know which, since i dont test it fully, most sample demos work fine, except for the eax demo. That returns an error message.

The goal is not to distribute this crack. I just did it in inofensive way, and prove that it can be done to some level. Although compilation to EXE in not possible at the moment.

But the thing is that,If we were designers, probably the skills to crack would not be present among us. But since we are developers and programmers, we must take into account that some of us, can do crack, and its all a matter of interest and after all curiosity.

Of course i could give some hints, in how to protect more the engine from cracking, since i toutched the very heart of the code, steps that blocks and unlocks features.

In the end, i suggest the pay per publish fee as a solution for the cracks, that would be nice i think... Since the thing that motivated me to crack the program, was having a DEMO version on not a fully featured trial test. Which would't Allow me to explore if eventually it was a good price for the engine or simply worth it.

I havent touched My A7 A long time, since i moved to other software, but im happy to see the Physx PLugin and alot of improvemnts.
I very recommend although this engine, for everyone that wants to start developing. And the price, i think its what it is, i think cryteck is much more expensive.

Stay Cool! guys

Last edited by MMike; 12/14/12 19:14.