Don't take it bad :

I also made some 3D tools for a project , some collision editor, i put lot of options, i was motivated a lot, but after some year, i became borred, even the team had a different goal ...
I gave up and gone elsewhere for another project also ...
And i had my life to manage ... this project was done during free time, it wans't like my real work !!

-------------------------

That's borring to wait a year or more for a feature, you are not sure it will appear, when you can find these features ready to use in other 3D engines !

Thats' why i vote lot more for 3D engines offering all tools and needed plugin to make a game instead on relying too much on users abilty to make some great tools and achieve to finish them laugh

-------------------

Don't take it bad is juts my point of view, when what i have seen so much times in indie 3D engines and open source small ones !

But you find the opposite, like in Ogre 3D engine where users bring amazing tools ro features !
Same thing for some commercial indie 3D engines, bringing real features each year and having such advanced Tools like NavMesjh and others ...