Some lonewolf making a game in the Unity WIP section forum just states that switching from CryTeck to Unity editing editor allow him to just produce instantly what he really want ot make.

Here is it's reply to a user question about that :

@Ocid: The ultimate reason that made me switch to Unity 4 after I tried it for a couple of weeks is the sheer ease of use. Everything makes sense and is very well integrated with Maya. No need for any file converters, peculiar material restrictions or jumping through unnecessary hoops. Great documentation, drag-and drop simplicity, FBX and Photoshop support right out of the box, on-the-fly compilation without having to close and then restart the editor... It is obvious that the engine is geared at helping people achieve their vision, whichever it may be.

Oh, and the Mecanim system is absolutely fantastic. Since my professional background is in feature animation, that was really important.

(Original Unity discussion thread :Ghost of a Tale game )

Another discussion on his blog :
But even more than the stunning DX 11 visuals (and don’t forget I’m used to the mighty CryEngine), it’s the ease of use that shocks me most. The user-friendliness. The fact that everything is simple and makes sense. Anyway, I’ll probably post some more about Unity in the very near future…

It only shows and confirms Unity easyness with the editor , drag and drop features, import formats features, and others things are just here to help people work as smooth as possible.
for example instead of restricting you to some formats, tehy have auto converters when you import Blender models direclty for example laugh

The last Mecanism feature and DX 11 in Unity 4 are just pushing indie limits further more !

------------------

Why coding each time redundant animation character features when you have to adjust them only (instead of thousand of code tries , compilation , running/stop to find the good values ?

---------

It's site and blog about the game and working with Unity :
Seith Blog

------------

No need to post more about Unity 4 , and the price for Pro version, yes i think this is the BIG ANNOYING thing for all lonewolves ...
Not all perhaps , but for lot of hobbists also.
I will never pay so much, and would pay only having some solid game made with the free version first !

Last edited by ratchet; 01/17/13 18:18.