Thank you all for the comments! laugh

Glow Sprites: Yeah, I've considered that. We've recently added that glow to highlight the entrance and the transitions to other rooms (You can see it around the staircase at the top), and I've wondered whether or not to add that to bright objects, too. But I guess I'll stick with normal sprites (or maybe particles) for such a thing, but it's definitely on the list! laugh

@HeelX:

Thank you for the detailed feedback! Much appreciated. No worries about offending me, criticism is always welcome!

Reflections:
Since I'm not the one who designs the rooms (the players are), I can't really go with the "copy-the-geometry"-way. I've thought about doing that, but here's the thing: It's possible for objects or particles or other effects to fall through the geometry. If I simply copy everything and abuse PORTALCLIP, things would look weird with them, wouldn't they? I dunno. If I don't use PORTALCLIP, then dungeons will look weird if the creator doesn't place tiles around other ice-tiles. So that's why I used a reflection shader.
It's hardly an ideal solution, though - the bigger problem I see is that for different tile heights, I *should* have different views, right? But I don't want the scene to render five times in the worst case. So that's an unsolved problem right there - I may still end up faking the reflections (which is, however, difficult - consider what to do if the player stands on the edge of a higher tile). Or removing reflections. Hmm...

The resolution, to me, isn't that big a problem - I could increase it, though personally I kind of like the look of it - it seems as if the reflection isn't "clear", which seems reasonable. If anyone else has an opinion on this, I'd be grateful to hear it laugh

Background: Yup, there's no background right now. Sinve I've added Color Correction (more on that in a minute), I apparently cannot use view.bg anymore. There used to be a slight gradient in the background, and I still want to add that (and, later on, more different kind of backgrounds), but I haven't yet got around to turning that gradient into a skycube. The CODE is already there, though - it's just the graphic that's missing.
The blue tint might be too strong, you're right - I've quickly adjusted the parameters before the shot. That's a lame excuse, I know - it sounds more defensive than I intended. I agree with you, and it's easy to fix is what I'm trying to say - just have to adjust fog and color correction settings. I better let someone else do that (who knows that stuff) anyhow!

Snow Flakes: Nope, haven't tried pixelated ones yet - I might try that! Though I'm not too much of a fan on simply adding pixelated graphics on modern effects. Still worth a shot.

Fire: I used to use pixelated flames, but I couldn't get that to look right - given the scale of the player on the screen, it'd either look as if the player was barely burning, or just be a confusing ugly mess. That's why I went with these flames (which look very nice in motion).
My general rule is to make effects fancy, which makes them stand out a bit, and which in general I like (see also the lighting, which is also smooth instead of pixelated). So maybe I should adjust the torches' flame instead.

Shadows: Agh, yeah, they're scale is wrong. When they jump, the shadow is made smaller (that's how it was done back in the days! :D), so that's why it looks so super-small right now. The usual size is also too small, though - will investigate!

Gah, this all sounds way too defensive. It's not meant like that - I truly appreciate your feedback and comments! I just wanted to explain why some things are the way they are - not as an excuse, but rather an explanation!

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!