@Fastlane: If needed I can setup database on my server and PM you the code. Only it will be MySQL 4.1.xx, but enough for testing..

Note: Make sure you're using the libmysql.dll included in the download. Do not use older/newer version or the one that is inside VC directory. You could test my database file with demo and rows to see how things are working. The source code for Destops MySQL engine extension can be found here and is open source. The plan is to rewrite the DLL for MySQL 6.0+ and A7 next year.

Reason for me using 4.1+ and 5.0.45 is that my website offers 4.1+ and for offline testing i'm using WAMP server which comes with 5.0.45. Not really like to install the latest because it might break my WAMP installation, but I remember that libmysql worked up to MySQL 5.1 when creating PHP frontend for A6MySQL last year..

Guess if you really need reliable MySQL support right now. Best thing would be to rewrite with current MySQL SDK. Or you could wait until I find some help to do the same. I did test the current DLL with the samples included and not encountered problems with either C-Script/Lite-C A7.06.1 at this moment though.

Let me know what happens if you try with my database and C-Script samples. I don't understand the random function with rows. From what I understood, there are no 1.0,2.0 rows. Only row1, row2, etc etc. If i'd inserted the first user into a clean database in the rxplayers table, it gets row 1 and if I add another it will be on row 2 and so on. In my samples I have used all functions of the MySQL engine extension, although the query and actual data handling can be changed in many different ways.

A7 C-Script MySQL
A7 Lite-C MySQL
A7 MySQL Source
PHP FrontEnd in development.
MySQL C/C++ Forum
MySQL++

smile