Thanks for the testing. Here is what we are finding out:

1) Everyone connects fine but and at some seemingly random point, the queries don't get through. All mysql dll functions return zero for their function call.

2) Another piece to the puzzle is that the crash is being recorded on windows as coming from libmysql.dll. I searched the 5.1 folders and found a different libmysql.dll in there (Sept vs July creation date). I don't know if that has ANYTHING to do with anything, but it is clear that 1) our crash is intermittent and b) it's libmysql.dll that windows says is at fault.

3) If application number 5 for example fails once, I can restart it and the other applications and application number 5 will consistently fail. However, if I restart the MySql service, application 5 will ussually work but then application 6 may or may not work (and usually doesn't).

None of the above may help us any, but at least it's helpful to catalog our behaiviour in case someone else has the same problem.

Do me a quick and easy favor. Put your calls on a loop so you do several in a row. In our case, it's never the early applications that fail, but the later ones which leads me to believe that you won't see the problem by running the demo once or twice but you may see it after 10 or 100 calls.

Now that we have the source code, I'm going to put my people on it. I have one programmer in particular who is very c++ and mysql savvy. If I can get him to put in the time (he's currently away but back on the 20th), we might be able to crack this nut in no time!