@LosticMate :
I have teams projects just as 3D artist for 3D assets.
I have one personnal small mobile game i want to make also, can't be done with 3DGS, with other engine i can do ti and test it on my Nexus tablet as i progress.

-----------------------

Stop beeing so closed mind.

The author made the great game with Unity and Playmaker no programming at all.
Xenpid Maze

playmaker for Unity

There is also U-script or Kismet for UDK.

Yes by programming i will have to do some, but only gameplay and AI, i won't code terrain tools as i need them, or shader editor, particle editor, Gui editor, Navigation system , complete character controllers , and camera systems etc ...
Some indie Engines give you all that that even more :
-Android
-IOS
-Flash
-Engine Web player
-Windows mobile
-Mac
-Linux
-consoles (license needed)

Sorry, but 3DGS even on showcase we don't see lot of finished games or games. Go to Unity Showcase and see the difference.
Android will come , but you won't have IOS , multi platform, advanced graphic features, unified lightening and shader tools etc ...

Lot of people using 3DGS don't target a game, that's totally different hobby and use from people goals is making a real game believe me, the hard work will be lot more in 3D assets making, level design , pure gameplay programming (visual also) than Tools coding , graphic coding or simply toying.

Even Lite-C is too much C like instead of C#or Javascript like, initializations are a nightmare.
I'm not convincing you, if you don't see 3DGS is really behind a good bunhc of others (UDK, Unity, Essenthel 2 , Shiva 2, LeadWerks 3, C4 Engine etc ...)

Some of these engines proposes you ready to use Navigation level based on geometry like some RayCast by calling a simple command.
Yes 3DGS is really behind.

We don't see people making games a lot here , but we see a lot programming features or tools.
it's not the best place for 3D artists having some basic programming knowledge.

If i would go UDK, just don't compared it in terms of tools and advanced graphics and unified lightening, don't tell me 3DGS is better ?

My goal is publish a real game on mobile could it be little or bad, so i choosen the rigth engine, i won't wait end of the year for 3DGS android, and it will always lack 3D tools (shader editor, particle editor, terrain editor etc ... compared ot other engines).

Just to resume for me like some others that have left 3DGS, we've just different goals than programming and others just needed other features and tools that don't exists with 3DGS.

It's not complicated to understand laugh

Good luck with your projects also.

Last edited by ratchet; 03/07/13 19:25.