I have to agree with Lostclimate. Being able to program is crucial for building the logic of your game, otherwise you are just limiting yourself and your game to what ships by default. Now, that doesn't mean that you can make a game just because you can program, because graphics and sound are just as important as the logic of your game.

You can do all this on your own, if you have at least a basic skill set in each of the disciplines required to make a game, but chances are that you will always depend on someone else because it's more or less impossible to do everything on your own.

Quote:
Even Lite-C is too much C like instead of C#or Javascript like, initializations are a nightmare.

No language is perfect ratchet. You can tell me whatever you may want, but no language is. A language is a tool, and just like you don't use a crowbar to toast your bread in the morning, no language fits each and every possible aspect. Sure, you can program a Jabber server in C just fine, but when you think about it, Erlang is much better suited for the task.
Now, think about C what you want, but it has its advantages, otherwise it wouldn't exist anymore (just like Perl is fading out because there are much better alternatives). Look at the Tiobe index, C is far from being dead, just fucking deal with it.

Quote:
it's not the best place for 3D artists having some basic programming knowledge.

Sorry, but looking at your posts and what you write, I'm afraid that you lack even the basics of programming (just like some other self proclaimed artists here). This is ultimately going to limit yourself, because you make yourself dependent to the default set of the tools at your hand. If that's good enough for you, fine, but please stop complaining if a tool offers you more, because there are people who don't want to be dependent on others.

Last edited by JustSid; 03/07/13 19:22.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com