Quote:
Guys, how do you relate to low-res games in terms of low resolution, low polygons and low textures?

Normally that's perfectly fine for me if the game allows to don't use low but full HD resolutions. I don't mind playing something that looks like Quake 2 or Turok or similar (in fact I've wanted to use such a look some time ago), however, I really hate the Minecraft look with its ugly textures or for whatever reasons.
Why do you ask?

Hm did not know "Stranded" but it looks rather antiquated. I see your point, maybe one could add some ascending smoke in the distance to attract the player and to introduce him into the story, if he so wishes to pursue it. BC because it's my yearly place of vacation and I think it's suited for this type of game. It hosts several dangers in form of animals and nature, has a lot of beautiful places, thousands of mountains that limit the view distance and is barely populated.

"Falls das Resultat nicht einfach nur dermassen gut aussieht, sollten Sie nochmal von vorn anfangen..." - Manual

Check out my new game: Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends