It's time for me to pack my things as well and venture into new fields. Actually, I already wandered off a long time ago, but came back from time to time to see what's new here. This whole "once you are here, you will never leave" thing, you know?

Truth be told, this forum became one big, huge circlejerk lately, with Unity being the toast everyone is aiming for. The very few that are still working with gamestudio, rather than circlejerking over its memory, are all beginners, and I'm simply tired of seeing the same false knowledge being spread over and over again, together with the same questions asked over and over again. It's the same old song, sang for years now. I realize that sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at it, but I just wish that this community was more professional and more open to the outside world, instead of denying the fact that there is an incredible ecosystem just beyond the walls of this forum. Maybe it's because this is just a hobby for the most here, or because most of the competent people have already left, I don't know.

Not going to lie, I had a blast with gamestudio, lots of great memories are associated with it, and I made my first baby steps with it. But I have walked too far away from it by now, in way too many ways, and it's time to let go. I will miss some of you, I regret not knowing a few if you enough to miss them, and some of you I simply won't miss. I think you can all figure out for yourself which category you belong to.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com