Quote:
It's time for me to pack my things as well and venture into new fields.
We'll see what really happens smile

Quote:
truth be told, this forum became one big, huge circlejerk lately, with Unity being the toast everyone is aiming for. The very few that are still working with gamestudio, rather than circlejerking over its memory, are all beginners
I think this is kinda offensive and you are pigeonholing people in a bad way. Even if it is true that people tend to try out other technologies, chose to just hang around here, revive their memories or hardworking on things - they are as free to do so as you are. Also, as you met some people from here in real life already, and I can say that you were nice to them and they were nice to you, you should overthink some of your words, too.

Quote:
and I'm simply tired of seeing the same false knowledge being spread over and over again, together with the same questions asked over and over again. It's the same old song, sang for years now
Then you should really leave instead of complaining, because all beginners need as many help as they can get. If you hate that not everyone is instantly pro-level after writing their very first "hello world", you either say nothing out of respect or there is simply something wrong with you. Yes, it is tiresome to ground people over and over again that want to make the next MMORPG or to explain the usage of functions and wait(1), but one man can educate lots of people through educated, well written responses - and I am sure that you took in your lifetime benefit from that, too.

Quote:
I just wish that this community was more professional and more open to the outside world, instead of denying the fact that there is an incredible ecosystem just beyond the walls of this forum. Maybe it's because this is just a hobby for the most here, or because most of the competent people have already left, I don't know.
The users here are ranging approx. 12-80yrs with different backgrounds, time consuming reallife jobs (maybe non-IT related), they live in different countries (with problems for their people unknown to us), maybe they have childrens, have one or more girlfriends / wifes, like to do sports and are enjoying Gamestudio in the free time. I am 100% sure that you can tell this about all the people who use any other technology out there. There is no "professional game developers only" sticker on any forum. From 100 people in such a forum, I guess only a few are working seriously on a complete game or such, have a strong IT education and make money with that. Please realize that life is more than game development and not everyone can afford 24hrs a day for that. This has also nothing to do with being "competent" or so, because that can only match up with your personal definition and I have a strong feeling that your head is in the clouds about that. Sorry.

Last edited by HeelX; 04/27/13 07:55.