wrong way.

it was just a list of important features versus new engine core (if I would be the developer), not a must to have list. actually I don't need them, my developments are fine with current features, as long as my reported bugs (a few ones per update) are fixed as in past (but yes, this long update time is now annoying, if you have a commercial project with strict deadline. but I don't have one).

but the decision is simple:
- if you find yourself always complaining of engine limitations or missing features, or hate the workflow, or feel uncomfortable, you definitely need another engine,
- if you can solve by 3dgs what you need, in the way you like (or at least accept), you are in the right place.

about that husband thingie: in certain periods I evaluate other engines, examine and compare the features I need. the price is also important, I would never give more than say 250 USD for an engine licence, because it is only a hobby for me. imo there are better options than Unity free, thus Unity is growing without me frown of course, if you do game developing as a job, or as a part of a dev team, you have different priorities and budget, and probably a totally different decision result, what does not have any effect on my opinion.

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor