Originally Posted By: HeelX
@JustSid: I didn't followed this thread enough

Me neither. I was just commenting about the post above mine.
1) The documentation: Look at the param, it's aligned with two tabs. The problem is that tab width differs on systems, so while indentation is fine using tabs (and the way it should be done), aligning lines is not. Use spaces for that, and the code will show up fine on every machine no matter the tab width.

2) Look at the #ifdef, #else and #endif spaghetti blob there is in the function. It's not only lacking any kind of indentation.

@malice There has been a google TechTalk called "API design and why it matters" (or so). Pretty sure you can find the slides and the talk itself via google. And with naming convention I meant that he uses a naming convention that is neither compatible with Acknex nor either of the two libraries that's getting wrapped there. So now you have three different naming conventions for three libraries. Though to be fair, he appears to be consistent in ignoring the other naming conventions and sticking to his own (which in itself is already a mix of two naming conventions). There is no common naming convention, but the rule of thumb is to stick with whatever the environment you are in uses.

Shitlord by trade and passion. Graphics programmer at Laminar Research.
I write blog posts at feresignum.com