I am working on a simple, basic, mechanical physics simulator. I created a game where the user inputs the mass of the ball, the coefficient of friction and the angle of inclination (with respect to the horizontal) of the inclined slope which the ball is supposed to roll down.
Once the user clicks "start simulation", a level is loaded, the inclined plane is created with the ball at one end, and after 3 seconds, the tilt of the plane is suddenly changed to the angle specified by the user. Unfortunately, as soon as the level is loaded, the ball drops right through the inclined plane.
The plane is simply a slab I created in WED by selecting Add>Prefab>Plate(large), resizing it to what I wanted and then building it. Here are the codes within my main() function that create both entities.

ENTITY* InclinedPlane = ent_create("InclinedPlane.wmb", vector(160, 16, -186), InclineThePlane);
ENTITY* Ball = ent_create("ball.mdl", vector(InclinedPlane.x + 180, InclinedPlane.y, InclinedPlane.z+31), BallPhysics);

The only code I've included to tell the ball how to move is:
action BallPhysics()
{
pXent_settype (me, PH_RIGID, PH_SPHERE); // set the physics entity type
pXent_setfriction (me,CoefficientOfFriction); // set the friction on the ground
pXent_setdamping (me,LinearDamping,AngularDamping); // set the damping
pXent_setelasticity (me,Elasticity); // set the elasticity
pXent_setmass(me, MassOfBall); //set the mass
}

If I were to comment out the first line of this action, "pXent_settype (me, PH_RIGID, PH_SPHERE);", then the ball would not move at all. It would just hang in the air on the exact spot it was created. Please what am I doing wrong that makes the ball pass right through the inclined plane?