@ Mod - Please move or delete this as per you need

Quote:
But I guess it might be too abstract for most people - give them a coding guideline and they will read it; but give them a tech talk about API design, they certainly get questions marks raised above their heads.

It seems the programmers left here are not really hobbyist. It feels like they are educated and in many cases professional coders. I should have stayed in school frown . This whole thing is moving so far way from the paint-by-numbers coders(me).

I'm spending time trying to translate programmer talk into coding-for-dummies. But I should be learning a high level of skill. I say this only because this threads OP subject is to aim for aiding beginner and there is no better platform to take a no-coder to a pro-coder then this engine and environment. So I ask will "you" the resurrection team please think about a long set of instruction materials that achieve that idea. From "How do I make a door open" to "How can I full use the winAPI and C++ functions to extent the scope of what I can go with this environments frame work".

I am working (in my limited ability) to give no-coders functionality in this environment which is part of what your goals are(as I understand them). And you are in a far better place to help people who are starting at the no-code level work in it and move them to the level you work in. Lets face it, beginners come to this with no-code skills and maybe learn from the scattered material to move to a place where I am (able to understand and use most engine instruction[but poorly] to create slow sloppy game). But there is a clear point (which I reached) at which users of 3dgs need to have higher level studies to fully create the things that you are able to.

This is turning into rambling-rant and I'm losing my point, but what I was hope for the "team" was not just a code layer system that helps people(beginner) for function fast but also a document(book [learn to program everything by starting with 3dgs] ,ect..) that lets them move from code-dummy to empower with a good foundation that head-starts them for formal studies in programming. Rant,rant rant...

Quote:
I think the remark that "Code should read like prose" is the strongest one, it rings my bell.

One of the few thing I could grasp in it and The heart of why I asked JustSid for the info. Thank you all so much for suffering the lesser user(me).