Hi acidburn,

How do you trade them together on the same account? I get a broker interface error.

I ran the backtests on various levels of risk and margin.

I understand margin is the average margin committed to a trade. Risk factor is kind of soft limit on how far that can be multiplied for an individual trade, but it can exceed that to allow a trade take place, e.g if the min lot size is too big for the calculated lot size.

In backtesting, risk tends not be as influential as margin in Z2 at least, and for the same margin there is a sweet range for risk (10-30 seems to it for my proposed level of real investment) Beyond 30 the parameters appear to level out, below 10 overall performance seems to be poorer.

The margin is the one to adjust first until you get parameters for capital required close to what you are prepared to lose for real, then adjust risk to see if it improves the output.

I'm not sure how useful any of that is, it may be another version of overfitting, either way I'd decide the parameters and let it off, adjusting the sliders afterwards doesn't sound like it would be helpful, especially not if you are evaluating.

At last a trade was triggered on Z2 USD/JPY long 6 at 97.40 Risk 144. Not a bad looking trade on a 4hr chart to my unscientific trader eye. my settings are 50 10 0 - giving an sort of max risk per trade of €500. I think the 144 means amount risked on this trade in €.

The stop loss in metatrader is way more than that, but from another thread, I think Zorro manages its own stops.

As it is spread betting the 6 lots translates into 0.6 (6 by 10c per pip bets) spreadbetting is way simpler than calculating lot sizes as there is no currency conversion all bets are in your deposit currency, if any pair,index or commodity moves 100 pips in your favour you simply multiply the pips won by your bet per pip.

I am still wondering if Z1 and Z2 can manage this difference unmodified.

Last edited by swingtraderkk; 06/07/13 17:08.