Yes, i know that
I understand how ent_clone works and what it does, the thing is:
using the simple example code i posted earlier, the result is the original entity being deleted, and being replaced by the clone entity. So, i only end up with 1 entity after all, so something isn't right
I hope you understand my point.
I know how ent_clone works, i understand it perfectly, i just don't understand why it has this effect with my code.

------------------ EDIT -----------------
I'll explain with a solid example:
I have this Planet
And around it i want to place an asteroid field
The asteroids are inicially cubes but are later randomly deformed, vertex by vertex
the whole algorithm for deforming randomly and placing randomly around the planet is very easy for me.
The problem i'm having is that, the second asteroid i place, and the third, and fourth and so on, they will ALWAYS be exaclty like the first one, because they are ALL sharing the same model
my goal is to avoid this, basically i want each new entity(asteroid) to be a clone of the initial one (base asteroid -> initial undeformed cube) so i can deform it later and perhaps give it a diferent texture too, this way i could have thousands of diferent possibilities
But the thing is, using ent_clone will only make the original entity to be eliminated, and the final clone, will replace the original entity. So, instead of having as many asteroids as i want, i ALWAYS end up with 1 single asteroid
how do i avoid this situation?

Last edited by joao13pt; 06/07/13 23:14.