Glenn,

If you are only testing, I would caution you against moving the sliders at all.

The question you are trying to answer is whether the backtests are sufficiently reliable, not curve fitted, in live trading to warrant investing real capital. You then know whether your live performance (either real or demo) is within the parameters to be expected or not. If yes, back tests are valid then continue, if not within parameters, then you need to investigate why and either adjust parameters to account for the new reality or stop.

If you change the sliders you are invalidating the question, as you are no longer evaluating like with like.

I am leaving the sliders at 50 10 and evaluating the performance live against the saved backtest. It should then deliver returns, drawdowns, max margin employed comparable to the backtest. If it does perform within parameters over a prolonged period, I'll trust it enough to try a microlot account, If the microlot also proves that the backtests are a reliable indicator of margin required for x return, I'll concern myself with correctly sizing the sliders for the account size I wish to trade.