Glenn,

I think that at the slider settings 76 - 24, the maximum at risk per trade is 76*24 = 1824 of whatever currency you are trading. There are a few caveats to that and I suggest reading the manual to clear it up. Few if any trades will actually put that amt at risk, as margin is allocated based on performance of the pair and internal algo, I think Z2 has 4-5 algos per trade. Rerun the backtest with the same settings on a new instance of zorro, and read the performance report, it will give the max margin at any one time and I'm sure it will be a small fraction of 1824.

The key figure is capital required at 2277. According to the back test you only need 2277 in your account (I think this is at the end of the period to safely continue the strategy) to get an annual return of 196%.

The bit I currently don't understand fully is whether your current balance ever feeds into the lot sizing. i.e. the 196% return is calculated on the margin you put at risk over the period, and the capital required is based on historic margin required and max drawdown. I think not, but it may be possible that there is some limit on lot size linked to balance or equity independent of your max risk per trade setting of 1824.

As I previously stated, for now all I'm interested in is the accuracy of the back tests in calculating returns and capital required. If accurate I'll be investing in an unrestricted Zorro S and upping the numbers, but remember the logic of trying to force Zorro to put on bigger trades defeats the whole idea of Z1/Z2 which is trying to manage the allocation of margin to only the most profitable asset/algo combinations without reinvestment.