Originally Posted By: Sundance
I have another VPS which i bought for a monthly fee of 4,50€. It has 20GB HDD and 1GB RAM. Enough for another MT4 instance...

That seems like a fair price for a small Win VPS. Would you care to share where you have ordered that VPS?

Originally Posted By: GlennR
Do you need the VPS for the computing power to run more instances at the same time for testing different strategies? Would a more powerful & faster computer solve the problem or would you also need a better internet connection?

I remember the manual saying a fancier computer is necessary for testing a number of strategies at the same time.

Here's one that looks powerful & fast to me for cheap ( I don't know a lot about computers)

Anyway it has an 8 core processor and is under $400. The 6 core one is about $250. Maybe that would be better than the VPS?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8148341&CatId=7718

I think the Intel i7 is only a 4 core.

Unless you're backtesting rather complex strategies on lower timeframes (<1h) Zorro is plenty fast and shouldn't require anything better than cheap commodity hardware. Also it can't use multiple cores from what I know (it's not internally multithreaded), so the only way to fully utilize today's multicore machines like the one you mention is to run multiple instances of Zorro, and backtest different strategies at the same time.

I believe Sundance is just looking for a cheap way to demo trade multiple strategies at once, which currently can be done only if you have multiple VPS/machines. Otherwise you get 'broker interface busy' errors. IIRC, that limit is lifted in the Sponsor edition.