Thanks guys laugh
Originally Posted By: sivan
sad, but if Mac and Linux is more important than nice effects...
I'm a huge fan of nice effects (as I know you are as well, from your stuff in the GS "What are you working on?" thread), but you can get things looking pretty nice without render-to-texture features (this is why cheaper/free versions of GS should support shaders even if they don't support render-to-texture). And if I can start selling KB I can buy Unity Pro, get it working with shadows, bloom, and so on, and release a free update laugh
Originally Posted By: sivan
will you do it for android too? as I remember it is now supported by unity free.
I've been entertaining the idea of doing android. Control wise, it's difficult, but for the sake of players who have neither gamepads nor a decent keyboard (by "decent" I mean one that can handle more than a few keys being pressed at the same time) I think I should add some sort of mouse-based control option. That might end up being the closest analogue to a decent touch-screen control system. The main reason I'm considering android, however, is for the Ouya, since it comes with a gamepad.
Originally Posted By: Superku
What happened to the idea of using a custom engine for the game?
It was coming along, but taking a long time. Then Unity announced Linux support, so I thought, "Let's see how far I can get porting KB in one week, and decide if it's worth it, because I'd rather make games than game engines." Unity was great, so I've stuck with it.

That was quite a few months ago... sometime last year, I think. But in my last year of university, I had to prioritise my studies. The last couple of weeks have been ridiculously productive, and I anticipate the next few being productive as well.
Originally Posted By: Uhrwerk
Do you have a unity gameplay movie?
Originally Posted By: Superku
I would like to see a gameplay video, too, especially from the soccer mode!
I'd love to show something tongue But most people I know are away for the Summer (hence my high productivity), and I don't have bots working yet, so it's really hard to show it in action (and unfortunately, properly test and balancing the different properties of the different weight-classes). Soon, though! When I have more, I'll open a KB-specific thread in Morbius instead of hogging this thread laugh

Thanks again for the support grin

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!