Originally Posted By: Sundance
Hiho together,

when i look at the Z strategies i see that the main time frame is 240min.

I remember, when I first saw the Zorro project, that fact is the first thing that attracted me to it. Wow, somebody had a courage to market a 4h forex strategy? They must be genuine. wink

I know that strategies based on higher timeframes are more predictable but for a more steady income it would be cool to see a strategy based on lower timeframes as 5 or 15 min.

Generally, I agree with you, it would be nice to develop at least one lower TF strategy for Zorro. Of course, the big problem is that market it so much more random at those TF. So it won't be easy. From what I read elsewhere, but it's all theoretical, more frequent trading could produce a strategy with a higher Sharpe, which then would allow higher leverage. Of course, it's easier said than done. I'm not even sure atm that winning strategies are possible at the timeframes below approx. 1 hour. Everybody's free to contest that though, but... grin

What do you guys think of this strategy: 5 bar reversal setup ?

I guess we won't ever know, unless someone steps in, code and backtests it. wink It should be pretty straigthforward in Zorro, though.

Three things:

- it seems to be for the higher TF, also
- it seems overly simple (but that could be improved upon)
- on the first looking, I haven't caught any exit strategy mentioned, so the strategy is incomplete, as is