Originally Posted By: swingtraderkk

I am also confused by the lumpiness of equity injections. Yearly I can invest lumps of new equity into my method, at least until I can ditch the day job. How do I do that safely? How is injecting a €1000 extra equity into my account and trading at higher stake sizes any different than stepping up my stake sizes when I have €1000 profit made over the same period.

There's no difference if you increase you account size regularly. If you stretch this over several years I would recommend adjusting the new margin with the square-root-calculation.

The thing with the 10k:
If you really want to invest all of it then do it as you would invest different amounts of money, too. But keep in mind that you might lose it.

To clarify: I don't think you should invest the whatever percentage of your money if this does not take your capital requirements into account. Even investing the square-root of your profits can ruin you if this makes your margin grow faster than your equity (At least at the beginning). This is handled by the OptimalFs. You should not forget them.
The point of the square-root-calculation is that your margin grows slower than your equity.