So I thought about my dark Zelda idea and kinda wanted to play with it.
Then I did a very foolish thing - To get the idea machine working in my head I thought I'd watch the latest game trailers on my (Streaming tv service) account. So there I see the Assassins Creed (3-4?) and Thief trailers. Now this might be strange to say but I don't play games or fallow game news - Hell I had no Idea what Assassins Creed was like and Thief (the dark project) was just some old game I'd remembered people buzzing about long ago...

- How do I turn this feeling of pointlessness around? Please anyone?

[Trying to shorten this up cause I talk to much]
Click to reveal..
Even if I could freeze the world for 10 years I still couldn't make a game that looks and plays like these, with the tools and skills and resources I have...
Not long ago I worked a bit with RealSpawn on some stuff and some friends and their kids would see test builds. They all made it seem pointless. The kids are the worst, 10 hours a day in front of Call of Duty and they can't understand Why you , by yourself, can't reproduce it. Worse they can't see the point in playing a non-mega-Blockbuster game. Most people can't until enough people tell them "Minecraft" - "CandyCrush" are really good because they are pop now. Comicbooks went geek to blockbuster the same way.

Since I don't understand games I think I'm having a really hard time understand how to make my Ideas into good games for the indie world. Please someone help me understand what games are about and also what I should be trying to do if eye-popping graphics and super reactive environment and player mechanics are not even possible?

I'm just confused not whining.
Mel