@preacherX I can see what you mean just looking over kickstarter it's hard to find anything that isn't pushed at you.
But I think every dev team needs a mouth piece. Someone who is out there (possibly solely) working on spreading the word about your project. Facebook, social media and there are tons of ways to get people talking about it if you work at it.
But a service like kickstarter opens a door that has always been closed to me. It lets me ask for help from people in a public space under a good window of validity. I could put up my own site and ask for money, but with KS in the middle people can feel a bit safer about giving it(whether they are or not is another subject). If I did my own site - I feel people may not fund, because I have no validity. People will not hand me a CC number, they don't know if I am a scam or if I will take money right away and if I don't reach the goal just keep the money.
Well I start the thread to get people talking and get feedback for when I try to KS a project and I'm starting to sound like a KS ad-spokesmen. So let me stop.
Maybe with all the people selling models and sound and music here, we need someone offering a marketing/public image service for our project. It's My two cents (or 0.01 euro).

Last edited by Malice; 10/31/13 17:44.