Hello again,

So, have bumped into another problem with the 'FastStrike' tutorial.

I'm at the point where you add the skybox to the scene.

It compiles and runs and everything just fine. But for some reason, the terrain was showing completely black, and only the skybox was showing.

I checked in the map settings, and for some reason the sun and ambient light settings had both been set to all black (I never set them like that).

Also, the texture seems to have disappeared from the terrain, which I also didn't mess with.

I tried to set the lighting (sun and ambient) back to a setting I could actually see, but it's still showing up as all black.

Literally, before adding the skybox, everything was fine. Once I added the skybox, everything went wonky.

I finally found out that the material setting for the terrain somehow reset to 'ndef' in its properties. Setting it to 'material' brought the texture back (though only in-game; the terrain shows as a flat, plain gray in the editor window).

Any idea what might be going on here? Why did adding a large cube then hollowing it out and applying a skybox texture cause that to happen?

Maybe I can avoid it in the future if I know why it happened in the first place.

Thanks