Okay... Replying to my own post here, because I've now run into another issue - which seems to be happening at every step of this tutorial now. Was it never tested? Or was it submitted, looked over, and concluded to be "good to go" without anyone actually going through it to make sure it was actually accurate?

Anyway...

I'm now at the stage of adding the player model (the sci-fi woman one), and attaching the T7_Biped_Player action to it via the Behavior panel.

I save, rebuild and run the game, and nothing. I press F7 to switch to 3rd Person view, and nothing. The character model, like the terrain before, shows up entirely black. Further, according to the tutorial, pressing W,S,A,D should move her around. That doesn't happen either.

So basically, I'm attempting to learn this engine using a tutorial - provided by Conitec - that apparently was never tested or kept up-to-date. Should I even bother continuing with it at this point, because I'm starting to feel like it's a waste of my time, if every step is going to introduce some new problem.

Sorry for being angry here. I'm really trying to be patient, but, having worked as a QA Tester for a software company for a few years, it drives me nuts when training materials don't actually work. Having to "figure things out for yourself" should not be a requirement when you're going through the introductory tutorials.

Last edited by Preypacer; 11/28/13 23:31.