You make the client send only input. The server moves the player and sends back the result.

With high latency, this becomes a problem, because the client seems unresponsive. You have to noticeably wait a fraction of a second to start moving after a key is pressed. To deal with that, you make local movement, but as soon as an update arrives, you correct the local position with the updated server position.

Thats where my problem comes from, my client and server are out of sync by 18 quants constant, and I cant pinpoint where this comes from. I'll try today without any prediction, starting from scratch, to see how much the difference will be between the client and server positions for 7ms latency. It should be just a few quants, no more...

Thats how a lot of games do it, btw, but they've learned their lessons laugh I remember Counter-Strike being the most noticeable. Everybody got speed hacks back in the original. But, if you've noticed for example WoW, if you lag, you suddenly appear somewhere else. It doesnt matter that you just ran half a mile...

Extensive Multiplayer tutorial:
http://mesetts.com/index.php?page=201