@Acidburn - I do not know anyone who has made money with robot trading. I have read Market Wizards and there are people there who have, apparently. Larry Williams would use software and mechanical rules but still placed his trades manually after a little discretionary input. And I have read about those HFT computers sitting beside the exchanges. But robot trading like us, I know of no one, let alone someone who's real results were better than backtested. No one on this forum has come forward and said 'yes, I am making money with what I have coded or with the Zs, that is reliable.'

Also, it is clearly stated in the manual, somewhere, that to have a 'steady income' you need in the order of ten algos across ten symbols, give or take. With Z3, Z5, Z12 I would expect I have this. But my three months of trading and the demo's six months of trading are, in my opinion, failing with this objective. The flat period is clearly longer than the backtested one (some 20 weeks depending on the version of Zorro.) The exception is Z5 which some of us feel uncomfortable trading (I know discomfort is good, but grid trading?)

Also, I am like that second guy. I have my life savings. I have an overall passive income I would like to get from it (to fit my Asia living plan) and I am willing to take a higher risk on a small proportion of it so that the overall return meets my objective. I agree that it fits into a bigger picture and each individual must frame it based on their objectives, current situation and risk appetite.

Finally, I can give the Zs six more months, but not with real money. And if someone tells me that the results are within statistical boundaries, but they are not willing to show me the actual numbers, then I can't believe them, at least not with real money.

I usually give things a little more slack than they deserve, or give them too much the 'benefit of the doubt.' But this is stretching my patience.