Thanks jcl.

Aside from the bedside manner issues (which are hopefully language based laugh ), yes and no. Zorro already follows or not as it sees fit standards and what people normally expect. I can't code what I want in the Z strategies, which if you'll recall is what started this thread. What people can understand and what they choose to use are 2 separate issues. I agree with the concerns about report growth and confusion. But different things are important and meaningful to different people, and hopefully your users on this forum are important. Traditional ways of leaving unilateral decisions and providing reporting variety include report writers (probably overkill for Zorro), and report options (possibly via ini settings, for example which drawdown calc to use - Tradition or Zorro).

Thank you for adding more info about drawdowns to the list.

I wouldn't do anything with the 200% DD figure per se. I was pointing out that if your example started out with CR rather than 0, the 200% goes way down... I realize that CR ~= DDmax, but DDmax only causes margin call if it happens at the beginning of the strategy (assuming the striven-for monotonically increasing equity curve). That, Traditional DD calc, etc. are in the same vein as the unanswered probability question and acidburn's concern - finding some basic, solid understanding of the Risk Management going on here, esp. with the Z strategies. You say it's unlikely that DDmax will happen at strategy start, and supposedly back that up by running strategies internally starting with CR (although there's been no evidence published of that, despite requests). Questions:

1) How unlikely? How is this likelihood determined, exactly?

2) How does a given individual's Risk tolerance factor in? You may be comfortable going with CR and possibly losing it all in 1 account - it may not be your personal funds. But out here in the user community, we're not. We need to know how to identify and manage that Risk.

3) While it may be unlikely (whatever that means) on an individual basis, as more and more people use Zorro, isn't it more and more likely that some poor soul is going to experience it and get totally wiped out?

4) You watch for this manually, but isn't that just the opposite of what Zorro should do? Shouldn't Zorro - at least the Z strategies - have a fail-safe circuit breaker that aborts the strategy if DD > x% * CR?

Thanks.