Hi all,

As some of you know, I've been demo-ing z12s since last May. For much of that time they have been on phantom, but initially for a month or 2 they were not. I also recently removed phantom on upgrading to 1.2 as both were healthily in profit Not sure that was wise, but I am testing!

1) FXCM demo spreadbetting account / z12 / started with 50k / margin 50 Risk 10.

Current Balance: 50,616
Current Equity: 50,517
Lowest Balance: 47,000 approx
Max Balance: 51,600 approx

This was a bit of a rollercoaster, but calmed down when I put phantom=1. Not good over Dec. I'd never have put 50k in but I'd be relatively happy on 1.5k over an 8 month period if I did have 10k down.

2) Alpari demo spreadbetting account via MT4 bridge / FX only as commodities and indices are futures / z12 / started with 10k - margin 50 Risk 10.
Mostly on phantom only moved off phantom at 1.20. Worst period of drawdown has been last 6 weeks or so, possibly related to removing phantom until then it was very smooth.

Current Balance: 12,543
Current Equity: 12,597
Lowest Balance: 9,900 approx.
Max Balance: 13,600 approx.

This installation has given me exactly zero problems compared to the FXCM API where I've had issues of can't close and the persistently annoying equity display.

@acidburn - 2.5k on 10k in 8 months would make me very happy on an automated system :-)

BTW At end of year my discretionary trading was up 41.5%. I'm very, very happy with that, even with a peak to trough drawdown of 15.5% (numerator was $drawdown denominator was peak balance). I usually trade at 0.5, 1, 1.5 or max 2% risk of my opening balance each quarter, so I'm very traditional in my risk management and lot sizing.

I have been learning from zorro however, and recently analysed my performance as if I had been using phantom trading of my own equity curve as a discretionary trader. I would have increased my return to 88.4%!!!!! If I can do that in 2014, its bye bye day job!! Now for the discipline to sit on my hands and paper trade when I'm out of synch with the markets!

Last edited by swingtraderkk; 01/10/14 18:00. Reason: cleaned up