So, I am trying to remove (delete) the floating inventory icon that I click outside the inventory bag. I created a callback function called item_was_dropped() . Here are both of my callback functions so far:

Code:
function slot_was_clicked ( int occurrence, int bag_id, int slot_id, int placed_item_id, int removed_item_id ) 
{
   if ( ( occurrence == INV_ITEM_REMOVED ) || ( occurrence == INV_ITEM_SWAPPED ) )
   {
		if (bag_id == MAIN_BAG_ID)
		{
			if (slot_id == ACTIV_WPN_SLOT_ID)
			{
				ent_remove ( active_weapon );
			}
		}   
   }
	if ( ( occurrence == INV_ITEM_PLACED ) || ( occurrence == INV_ITEM_SWAPPED ) )
	{
		if (bag_id == MAIN_BAG_ID)
		{
			if (slot_id == ACTIV_WPN_SLOT_ID)
			{
				switch ( placed_item_id )
				{
					case SWORD:  active_weapon_mdl = "sword.mdl"; active_weapon = ent_create ( active_weapon_mdl, player.x, attach_weapon );  break;
					case MACE:   active_weapon_mdl = "mace.mdl"; active_weapon = ent_create ( active_weapon_mdl, player.x, attach_weapon );  break;
				}
			}
		}   
	}
}

function item_was_dropped()
{
	Item* floatingItem;

if ( !mouse_panel )
	{
		if ( inv_is_floating() )
		{
			if ( mouse_left )
			{
				bmap_remove(floatingItem.floating_icon);
			}
		}
	}
}

In my main function, I make some calls to these callback functions:

Code:
set_on_click_callback("slot_was_clicked");
   set_on_float_end_callback("item_was_dropped");

My "slot_was_clicked" function is used for arming the player with a weapon, if a player places a weapon icon into the active weapon slot of the inventory bag. The "slot_was_clicked" callback function works great.

I am trying to make my "item_was_dropped" function to drop items out of my inventory bag when drag/clicking an item icon outside the inventory bag. I am not sure if I am on the right path with this. Am I using the right command ( bmap_remove ) to delete the floating inventory icon when drag/clicking it outside the inventory bag? I know that the code used above for the "item_was_dropped" callback function is not performing what I want it to do (i.e. it is not performing anything).

Last edited by Ruben; 02/09/14 01:55.