It blows my mind that this thread is still going, I figured it would've died a long time ago. Keep up the good work, guys!

Originally Posted By: Superku
You guys know
http://www.wolframalpha.com/
right? It used to be much better/ more useful when you didn't need a pro account but it's still quite handy and interesting.

You need an account to use wolframalpha now? That's a shame, I used it a few times in my discrete math course last semester and found it pretty neat and interesting.

On a side note, I've been trekking along learning Deutsch at a solid rate (or at least how to write it) and my professors are all pleased with my progress (apparently I'm some sort of linguistic genius), but something that's been bothering me is that although my last paper (500 word review of a german film) got few marks, the professor "didn't like" a couple of the more complex and wordy parts of my paper. ie:

Quote:
Es ist klar, dass Stölzl meinte dies zu tun, um einen Zusammenhang zwischen ihm und den Zuschauern zu herstellen. Trotzdem kann es auch gesagt wird, dass „Goethe!“ ein historischer Film sein soll, also es scheint deplatziert.

Quote:
Diese Idee, in der der Film historische Exaktheit verscherzt, um eine Geschichte, die nicht so gut wie Stölzl versprach ist, zu erzählen, ist der Knackpunkt. „Goethe!“ verdreht die Wahrheit auf den Namen von Spielwitz, aber es halt dieses Versprechen nicht.

That being said, since the majority of you know german as your first language it would be awesome if you could explain to me why these are so awkward.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!