I see.. yeah, that would make sense then. I don't really look forward to going through all models (let's assume that my images that were made in MS Paint or Photoshop are fine - at least for now) that get loaded, but since all this only started after I've added the "lock.mdl", and given that it crashed relatively often since then, it's probably save to assume that this model is indeed at fault.
But in any case, I now have a better idea of where to look.

Reloading the model into MED and just saving it again didn't change it at all - I've checked it byte-for-byte. This is true when done on other computers, as well (so maybe it's not a faulty MED installation).

I've just re-imported the 3ds and saved it new.
I'll be back if it crashes again.

I think it'd be great if, at least in the development version, the point of loading and creating objects would be indicating somehow - maybe with a ; or a _ or whatever. This would have saved me some time.

I also must say, I really was afraid that after posting this, this thread would die a quiet death. It's great to see that you guys are there to help! Thanks again. laugh

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!