Hello,

This post is particularly intended for Realspawn, regarding his workshop tutorials. However, if someone else is familiar with these, and can provide a response, that would be great as well.

So, in doing my best to tackle this software, I'm going through RS's revised LiteC tutorials found on his site here.

The tutorials I'm going through is the first one on the page, entitled "Tutorials Redone!".

I'm working through the first 'Chapter' (Workshop00) and am up to the part where it instructs you to add the ship model to the map. Everything has worked fine up to this point, but now when I try to add the ship... There's no ship to add. I right-click, select Add > Add Model, and the models folder I created previously is empty. It doesn't show up in the resources folder. It doesn't show up in Windows Explorer. Of course, the code version of adding ship via the script file is not working either.

I'm guessing the ship should have been added when I created the script, perhaps? It looks like a major step was missed or skipped or something when the tutorial was put together.

I've triple checked, and my folders are in the right place, my location definitions (the PRAGMA_PATH entries) are correct. Everything is as it should be, according to the Workshop.

So basically, at this point, I'm already unable to effectively continue with the tutorial as a key part of it is not working as instructed.

So, if someone can provide some insight to what I'm doing wrong here.. or, perhaps if there's a mistake in the instructions in the tutorial, that would be great.

It's beginning to feel like I'm never going to get anywhere with learning this engine lol. I've tried 4 different beginners' tutorials /workshops so far this weekend (this is the 4th). Every one of them has been broken in some way, and I had to stop working on it. It's becoming discouraging, to say the least.

Thanks.

Last edited by MiToVo; 04/06/14 15:01.