In order to make "game activating sistem" on my web site I need a command to retreive users hard disk number. Can you add this feature please?
I made this feature in my Macromedia Director games and it function cool.
Protection is very simple:
-you will allow user to run your game 15 times without registering.
-when he want to register, he will press button register and you will generate some number, made from his hard disk number, so it will be crypted.
-then user connect to your web site and enters that number in field "Request activation code". Then number will be mixed litle more and he will get new mixed activation code.
-he will input that activation code somewhere in game activation.
-then number will be readed and decrypted with same 2 algorythms when you mixed it up just reversed order and youl get hard disk number if corrected number is entered.
-then simply compare original hard disk number and this one you got from user enter and if they OK game is activated.

Perfect protection system. Even if they copied your CD thay can not use it until game is activated on web site.

Maybe someone found this system interesting. It works for me very nice (with macromedia director) and I want to implement it here, but I need command to read users hdd number

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM