Somebody on my video game team uses 3D Max 2010 software to create 3D digital world environments. He sent me his 3D Max 2010 file, which consists of a mountain landscape.

I was able to import his ASE file, 3DS file, and FBX file into Gamestudio A8 WED. For some reason I am not seeing any textures on his mountain landscape. I saw textures on the mountains when he showed me a video of this same mountain landscape. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong in having the mountain landscape have the textures it had when it was saved in 3D Max 2010, while it is stored in a Gamestudio A8 WED file?

Also, when I try to build the level, I eventually get a window that pops up which says:

3D GameStudio Map Compiler has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I notice that there are quite a few surfaces in the mountains, and the mountain landscape seems rather large and intricate. The WED file holding these mountains is 7,301 KB, or 7.301 MB in memory size. Is there a size that the memory should be brought down to, in order for the WED file to build correctly?

Last edited by Ruben; 05/21/14 06:16.