Thanks for the reply, Superku!

Turrican can't work on the project for the next ~2 weeks and the video was recorded at the last minute, sorry for that smirk

The levels / gameplay shown in the video aren't finished. It's a bit chaotic, some things are already polished but others are still wip,
subject to change, placeholders (, buggy) and this kind of stuff. However, we thought that we really should have uploaded a video by now,
mainly showing the gameplay and levels we already have.
Quality and framerate of the video aren't that good but I guess it's good enough to get a first impression from.

The beginning (around 0:16) is a little dark, I think.
Yeah, it's quite dark and with the not-that-good video quality it looks pretty blurry but in the actual game it's okay.
The HDR-settings aren't done, yet. We might change it but there's still a lot to do laugh

The collectable green-black-grey things look a little weird IMO, I think I'd add some transparent and subtle but relatively bright greenish glow.
That's a little embarrassing but to be honest: I have no clue what these things are good for. They were already in the game when I
started working on the Project. But it's a good idea, let's see what Turrican thinks when he's back ;P

The explosion on bigger enemies (see 1:09) is too lackluster, there should definitely be some chunks and sparks flying away and black smoke.
Same goes for the green blobs, they should explode into small blobs (which then not fade out by alpha but by size).

At the moment we've just got 2 different animated sprites for exposions. They're okay for smaller enemies but we'll create more
complex animations for others. Our main focus at the moment is the level design and enemy-ai.
( ...and yeah, there couldn't be someting less convenient than a red explosion for these green-blob-things grin )

again, thanks for the input

Edit @Iglarion: great to see that you like it.
We haven't thought about a two-player option, yet, but it's worth considering, thanks.
There are 8 levels/worlds with 3 stages each and an infinite-mode planned.

Last edited by Kartoffel; 06/09/14 09:55. Reason: forgot some stuff

POTATO-MAN saves the day! - Random