Originally Posted By: Kartoffel
When chaning the resolution too high (I accidentally clicked 1200p instead of 1080p) the game crashes and doesn't start again.

You can fix this by manually editing the default.cfg file in the game's directory to a proper resolution. In a later update we'll fix this so that the game can return to a safe resolution without crashing if/when you make a mistake.

I wonder if there's something like blocking or dodging enemy attacks?

No, but enough people have raised this suggestion that we're seriously considering it. A higher level of interactivity and skill in the fights would likely make them more fun anyway.

The GUI could/should be bigger on higher resolutions.

We're always working on that. grin

Also the inventory doesn't seem very intuitive (to me), I'd prefer an inventory like the one in Minecraft where you can easily find objects because of their thumbnail.

I've seriously considered redesigning the inventory window to use draggable thumbnails since other people have said this same thing. We'll see what happens.

The graphics-style is nice, but you could add a little shading. With the current lighting the little 3D-blocks on models aren't really visible.

To be honest they're not really meant to be. We've experimented with different forms of shading on the models and found that things look best when the faces of each cube are the same shade (no contrast) because the blockiness of the objects is left unexposed. As an example, this is the way the rat currently looks in the game:

But with added contrast:

This may be a matter of opinion but the first image looks far better to me than the second as exposing all the sharp corners in the model seriously reduces its ability to seem "alive," particularly when the creature is in motion. I guess it's because the first image has a more "impressionistic" look to it, whereas the second one looks far more blocky and rigid. I don't know.

The game is hard as fuck (...but maybe I'm the one to blame for being bad at it)

To be fair the difficulty curve is not perfectly in balance yet and I am constantly reevaluating the game to see whether its too hard or not. Personally I've reached the "end" of the game a number of times before both playing by myself and with other people, but even for me I will often misjudge the state of my character's health and get into a fight I cannot win or run out of food before I can restock. The game's not forgiving, certainly, but I've made it through enough times that it feels "fair-ish" to me.

Thanks for your thoughts so far anyway guys, I (and the others on my team) appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by Redeemer; 07/27/14 20:02.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!