Dear god, what is going on here. Look I agree that Sidney, the love of my life, is kind of rude sometimes; but you don't have to take it as a personal offense.

And quite besides that, he is absolutely right. Just asking for a solution won't get you ANYWHERE in game development or just development in general. You need to understand the underlying stuff, the way you come to a certain solution and the solution itself. It does you absolutely no good to just know the correct solution to THIS ONE PARTICULAR problem, it won't help you understand why it is the right solution. You need to understand the reasoning behind it as well, so that in the future you can apply that knowledge to problems that are similar.

The point you are making about the right engine function is completely irrelevant. I have been saying it since I started with 3DGS and I will keep saying it now: The Manual is your best friend.

Seriously, the 3DGS manual is one of the best manuals for game engines out there! Not only is it logically structured, easy to search and documents every function, their speed and more; No, it even explains how stuff works behind the scenes.

If you don't know that you need the "vec_lerp" function you'd do a full text search for "interpolation" and it would come up in the first results. Nobody needs to tell you that, this is a basic computer skill.

99.99% of all 3DGS problems can be solved by typing the main keyword about the problem into the manual search function and going through the top 10 results. Yes, I am sorry, you need to read and you need to possess reading comprehension skills.

This is not about being rude or not understanding newcomers, this is about applying basic, common knowledge, everyday skills to a problem!

You need to understand the underlying process of computer science problem solving, in the real world there is no such thing as "full code answer plox", YOU need to be the one to identify your problem, to understand what steps you need to take, apply a theoretical solution to your problem and if that didn't work, develop a new theory to solve the problem.

I understand that what we tell you here seems rude, because we don't just give you the complete answer, but in the long run you will need to learn how to solve this stuff on your own. What we can provide are pointers (Math!) and then come up with your own solution. If you are at the end of your rope, post the attempts that you made and explain why you came to such a conclusion and ask for a pointer in the direction of the right answer, you need to put in your own work in order for us to see that you are willing to work on a problem and to solve it on your own instead of relying on others to give you a solution on a golden platter.

Take your opening problem as an example, these are the steps that I would take to come to the same solution:

1. Identify your problem "I want to accellerate and decellerate camera movements between two points"
2. break down the complex problem into smaller bits:
- 1. Camera position = a Vector
- 2. Movement = a point between two vectors (start, end)
- 3. Accelleration/Decelleration = increasing and decreasing numbers

3. Find a solution to your main problem point (2.2) "How do I get a point between two vectors"
4. Alright great, now how do I get a point between two vectors at a specified distance?
- Keyword: Interpolation (You can get here by doing some basic google searches)
5. Now we know that you need to interpolate the camera position between your start and end point
- Look in manual for keyword "interpolation" or "interpolate"
6. Cool "vec_lerp"!
7. Now on to problem 2.3
- Accelleration and decelleration, keywords into manual
8. Find function
9. Now you have the basic building stones to propose a solution to your problem, so try it out.
10. Does it work? No? Go back a few steps and read through the way the answers you found work. Try again.
11. No luck even after repeatedly trying? Post a question here, and show us what approaches you have taken, let us see your thought process.

Then and only then can we help you get better. We can tell you where you went wrong and why, ask you why you would come to such a conclusion and give you an answer why that does and doesn't work and why something different would be better.

I am sorry that programming is not child's play, but there it is. There is a reason it's called "Computer Science" and not "Computer lego building".

Does this make sense to you?

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku