Originally Posted By: LawnmowerMan
Yes, but I at any point do not accept your explanation. It's just your opinion. Let's hear the other's.

You asked for help with a specific problem in an unspecific way. That's alright.
You got a very unspecific, yet absolutely correct answer, rather floppily formulated. That's alright too.
Then the whole thread went batshit crazy and people began throwing shit at each other. That's pretty fucked up.

Well in all seriousness, the point Sid's trying to get across is the following, asking for help in the manner you did - asking for a specific engine function that solves your problem - may work a few times, maybe even every time, but in the end, you'll have to ask a lot of these kind of questions on your way.
If you do your homework though, and I don't mean like literally doing homework of course but doing research and trying to approach things from a broader perspective will help you to overcome such problems all by yourself, and not only with Gamestudio, but also when you for some reason want to use, let's say, Unity, Unreal, whatever (which I can really recommend to you if you're an artist because at least Unity is easy to learn and offers much more power and flexibility especially to non-programmers, compared to Gamestudio, and the same is said about the new Unreal dev kit).

From this viewpoint, Sid's replies make a lot of sense to be honest. There's people here who will happily help you with every fucking little problem and provide you with code and stuff, and if you're happy that way, so be it, but try and take a more general approach, look into stuff like a bit of algebra or analytic math, try to learn a little bit more about programming, it'll help you a big deal in the long run, while the kind of help you've been asking for will maybe help you momentarily, but you'll end up asking questions over and over and over and over again, everytime you run into a little problem that could easily be solved with a little bit more general knowledge and understanding.

So if you really wanna vote about something, my vote would go to Sid I'm afraid.
However I think you're going way overboard with this. Like, seriously, you're behaving like a child.